PFLAG National Scholarship Application
Deadline Has Already Passed
All application materials must be completed and submitted by May 18, 2016.
The PFLAG Scholarship program is a critical component of our Cultivating Respect: Safe Schools for All Program, rewarding hard work and leadership in the next generation. It is an opportunity to reach out to young people and acknowledge their role in building our community. What better way to show our commitment to students than to provide support for role models and pioneers around the country that are making schools safer for all students?
PFLAG’s local and national scholarships are one of the many ways PFLAG supports LGBT and ally youth. Support the students in your community by encouraging them to apply for the PFLAG Scholarship Program.
Many PFLAG chapters have scholarship programs as well. Students are eligible to receive scholarships from both their local chapter and the national office so encourage students you know to apply for both. Review the list of chapter scholarships.
PFLAG National Scholarships are made possible by several generous donations including The GLAD (Gay, Lesbian and Allies at Dow) Employee Network, the Walmart Foundation and Lockheed Martin. In addition, many individual donors have contributed to the fund.
- You are a graduating senior entering higher education for the first time this calendar year
(Note: if you graduated last year and took time off you are still eligible to apply).
- Self-identify as a member or ally of the LGBTQ community
- Demonstrate an interest in service to the LGBTQ community.
- Have applied to an accredited U.S. higher education institution.
- Cannot be receiving full tuition from other sources to fund the education (e.g., other full-tuition scholarships, established college trust fund, etc.)